PollyBee

Country Girl

Saturday 6 September 2008

Okay, okay . .

This is not a political blog, but sometimes a girl just has to make a stand. All I'll do is tell you to go surfing for sarah palin and dead wolves, as I don't want to sully this lovely blog with the actual pics.

What really got me was her office and the poor dead bear, or her parents sitting in a room full of dead animal skins, and not a book in sight. I think a wall of books is a lovely thing to glimpse when you are walking in a street at night and see into someone's house. I am all for rednecks. We are all rednecks here, but we are nice gentle ones I think. Perhaps rabbit pie is the most violent thing that happens around here. I don't know why I went surfing for the nightmare woman, just after coming in with elderberries and damsons and logs and sweet peas. I'm still sitting here in cold, sopping socks.





Lovely picture of elderberries from Jonathunder at Wikimedia.
Thanks so much for it.

Every time I pulled off a bunch of elderberries I thought, "That's another day when I won't get a cold this winter" -- as I am going to make elderberry cordial.

I'm also going to make damson cheese and found the recipe, of course, at the wonderful Cottage Smallholder site, together with another lovely local blog, v8villager, which I will now make a link to.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 29 January 2009 at 23:24 , Blogger PollyBee said...

January 28th, 2009 and I haven't had a cold yet! The taste of the cordial has really grown on me. It will be interesting to see whether I get a cold once I finish the last bottle in about two weeks. It's taught me that I'll need to make a double batch this coming autumn. I used those fantastic big olive oil bottles with a metal clip and now have about two extra for this year coming. Also, once they were filled, I brought them to the boil in a huge pan of water in that old fashioned way of sterilising them, so they haven't gone off at all, and taste as fresh as if they'd just been made.

 
At 16 March 2009 at 20:37 , Blogger PollyBee said...

The Ides of March and I haven't had a cold yet! Roll on next Autumn. The bottles are all waiting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home