PollyBee

Country Girl

Tuesday 3 June 2008

Stupid Old uk.weather.com

I am so heartily sick of them. I hated it when they changed the whole website about three months ago. They did it at the same time as the BBC News changed its pages for the worse. It's far far slower to work now, and hard to customise. Hateful.

But before I went to bed in the early hours, I looked up the weather and it was to be glorious sunshine all today and for the rest of the week, with some percentage of a chance of rain (I forget which, but nothing special). Lovely little yellow suns blazing out from behind their clouds, and temperatures of 18 centigrade. Perfect for outdoor life.

"Wow", I thought. "Wonderful. I can have a day in the garden". Now, in fact, it's 1.00 in the afternoon, and it has rained heavily and steadily from dawn. The bird bath was empty as I'd cleaned it out. It now has two inches of water in it. If you look at the satellite pics you can see a dark cloud all over the south west midlands. It's one of those horrible dark days indoors with the lights on. In June.

But wouldn't it be fun if stupid uk.weather.com allowed you to see their forecast -- at least from the day before?

And of course they have no feedback. They would be as inundated as my garden is.

Can anyone tell me why my post is coming up as having been posted at 04.56 when it was, in fact, posted at 11.56? Is there a blogclock?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home