PollyBee

Country Girl

Tuesday 1 April 2008

I HATE the wind

Today I wondered how many times in my life I'd yelled into the teeth of the wind, "I HATE the wind!"

I loathe, loathe, loathe it. Some people actually like it. I know a girl who does. But really all I ever want is CALM days. Oh how I adore calm weather. Homeopaths ask you whether you like or dislike the wind.

Today I was yelling "I HATE the wind" while trying to hang up my madly flapping washing.

When I got back from my travels the washing was half off the line and trailing in the grass.

My travels were vile because they were in the wind. I had to walk for half an hour in blasted heath open country to get a bus, holding onto my hood as I went. Then I had to stand at a windy bus stop for half an hour nearly dying of boredom. I have never ever been lucky yet getting a bus. It is always my luck that one has just gone. Then I had to walk for another ten minutes or so in the windy flatlands of Swindon to get my car.

My car had been in the garage in Swindon for a week because I filled it with petrol instead of diesel and it took a whole week to put it right. But that's another story.

Then I paid a lot of money and got into my hot, CALM car. Nice. There was my perfume that had been in the car pocket for a week. So I had a good spray of that (Jo Malone Amber and Lavender: nice).

I had to fill my lovely car up with diesel this time, not petrol. I had a few words with the guy at the petrol station and said I'd be having a few more words with his chief executive. I felt that I needed to break my diet with a dark Kitkat in order to rearrange my blood sugar. Then I was off on my lovely lovely travels in my lovely car, scoffing at the Kitkat just as hard as I could on the way.

Don't talk to me about my carbon footprint. I'd already had a nice talk with the vicar about that when I met him on his bike on my blasted heath walk an hour before. I told him that I would do anything rather than give up my car. I've planted 20 trees here and I haven't flown for two years.

So glad I was to get my car and get my photos of my woodshed that collapsed in the last lot of wind. I HATE the wind! And I HATE the way that uk.weather.com has changed its format. It's just about unbearable to use now. Someone tell me of a better site. Same with the BBC news website. It's vile. They synchronised their horrible changes obviously just so that they could annoy me in an already annoying week.


Perhaps I shouldn't complain. I could be stuck in a filthy city.

Many years ago, when I was stuck in a filthy city, I used to draw little pictures of what I longed for, and I now see that there was always a lovely washing line in them! Here is one of them. I've just noticed the little cat. How cute.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home