PollyBee

Country Girl

Friday 1 August 2008

Glad to be Back

A combination of circumstances like work, work, work, and then the first summer holiday for seven years (yes it was divine and I might just emigrate), have kept me away for two whole months, but here I am and I can't wait to be blogging about my new late garden.

But first let me tell you all never never to do the apparently great summer deal of paying for short-term parking at Gatwick. The beauty of it was going to be that I could walk to the car when I flew in at midnight, not wait for the bus or the valet parkers. Well, my little new-to-me car got bashed to bits, which means all the hassle of back and forwards to the body shop and losing my insurance excess. And I now realise why. About twenty cars a day for fifteen days would have manoevered themselves in beside mine, and when I think of how hard it was for me to find the last space, crammed in beside a monstrous gas-guzzling fourby, I now realise why the multis are not a good idea. It was probably one of them that did it, as the denting goes all the way along my car. My gripes are:

A) they should make bigger spaces for the obscene gas-guzzling monsters, and

B) they should charge them more for taking up more parking space.


And don't ask me why I didn't take the bus or train to Gatwick. It was to do with the work I had to do the day after we returned.

But here I am, and I am doing this massive experiment of sowing and planting everything in the last days of July and the first days of August -- that is everything that should have been done from March to May.

Tomorrow I will make a list, starting with the late carrots, and it will be interesting to see what happens.



The holiday front view


The holiday back view






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home