PollyBee

Country Girl

Saturday 22 March 2008

SO Happy . . .




. . . to be back.
All it takes is a little break for Easter.
My goodness I've missed my blog.
Here is my Easter picture, taken on my window seat.
It was my beloved grandmother who taught me how to make Easter eggs like these.
She used bits of blue silk from all the dresses she made for ladies -- so often blue with tiny white dots. Silk was never colour fast in those days.
Luckily I have a massive ragbag of ancient fabrics, so it wasn't too hard for me, either.
I had some primrose flowers under the rags, but I don't think you can see them here. When I was a child I could stare and stare at my Nana's coloured eggs for hours, and feel their lovely surfaces. I was lost in the world that each one of them was.
12th September: I was surfing to see if I could find anything natural that worked like alum for my elderberry dye when I found this lovely site. Just look at these eggs:
http://craftastica.blogspot.com/2007/04/naturally-dyed-eggs.html

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 22 March 2008 at 23:24 , Blogger PollyBee said...

Can ANYONE tell me how to edit the line spacing and paragraphing on this kind of blog template. Sometimes it is okay, as on the previous blog, but today it is squidged and mean, and not what I want AT ALL. Wretched Blogger. I wish I could change it a little. I would also make the main blog panel wider, more out to the right, and the archive and links panel a lot narrower.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home